This post is for my Sister, who will be giving birth to my Nephew any day now.
(I've put this up here for her, but obviously if you're interested, feel free to grab these also.)
"Numerous studies conclude that playing music to babies in the womb and in the early years helps build the neural bridges along which thoughts and information travel. And research suggests it can stimulate the brain's alpha waves, creating a feeling of calm; a recent study of premature infants found that they were soothed by the music.
It's known as the Mozart Effect, a theory which is credited with boosting IQ, improving health, strengthening family ties and even producing the occasional child prodigy."
The first part is relaxing, IQ boosting, classical music.
01. Grieg - Op.68 ,No.5.mp3
02. Debussy - Reflets dans l'eau.mp3
03. Brahms - Lullaby (Wiegenlied Opus 49, No. 4).mp3
04. Schubert - String Quintet In C - 2nd Movement.mp3
05. Hess - Ladies In Lavender (Main Theme).mp3
06. Massenet - Thais Meditation.mp3
07. Unknown - Sonata Pians.mp3
08. Elgar - Sospiri.mp3
09. Tournier - Russian Lullaby.mp3
10. Debussy - Reverie.mp3
11. Satie - Gnossienne No.5.mp3
12. Unknown - Symphony.mp3
13. Brahms - Lullaby (Cradle Song).mp3
14. Hovhaness - Nocturne For Harp.mp3
15. Naoko Yoshino & Gidon Kremer - spiegel im spiegel (arvo part).mp3
16. Chopin - raindrop prelude in d flat major, op.28.mp3
The second part is a mixture of music for baby and mum. In 4 parts.
1. Nursery rhymes and story time.
2. Non European classical/folk music. (Mainly from Africa)
3. 30 mins of deeply relaxing music
4. Lullaby's for the more discerning sleeper
(check comment for track list)